Metric Engineering has an immediate need for an experienced to join our South Florida, FL CEI Project Administrator/Project Engineer team. The qualified applicant will be responsible for managing several Inspectors and Senior inspectors responsible for the Construction Engineering and Inspection duties on an active project. The assignment will begin as soon as a successful candidate has been identified. The project is All Electronic Tolling 5C in Palm Beach County for Florida’s Turnpike and includes the milling and resurfacing and bridge rehabilitation project includes variable depth milling from south of Atlantic Avenue (MP 81.358) to north of Boynton Beach Boulevard (MP 87.516) and new pavement markings, lighting, drainage, and signage. The project also includes the rehabilitation and replacement of the expansion joints on all four bridges. Because this is a limited access highway most of the work being managed is performed at night.
Day to Day:
What you should bring:
- Receives general instructions regarding assignments and is expected to exercise initiative and independent judgment in the solution of work problems
- Provides overall on-site administrative and technical management for a wide range of construction projects within the assigned area of responsibility
- Organizes, directs and assigns specific tasks to inspectors and assists in all phases of the construction project
- Coordinates and communicates, with the primary client and client’s resident representatives, on all job site day to day activities
- Ensures assigned job site operations are in compliance with design/specifications, completion on schedule, within budget and to quality standards
- Responsible for the progress and final estimates throughout the construction project duration
The following certifications are required:
- Experience working as a Project Administrator for Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise preferred, as approval by Turnpike management will be required. Prior experience as a CEI Project Administrator/Project Engineer on similar FDOT CEI projects will be acceptable.
- Civil Engineering degree plus five (5) years of engineering experience in construction of major road or bridge structures.
- Non-degreed personnel should have ten (10) years of responsible and related engineering experience, two (2) years of which involved construction of major road or bridge structures.
- Be familiar with SiteManager, MAC, CPAM, and FDOT construction references
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe or BlueBeam, and Power Point
- Skill in managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Skill in processing progress estimates and preparing final estimates
What We Offer:
- FDOT Advanced MOT
- CTQP Final Estimates Level II
- Ability to attend the CTQP Quality Control Manager Course and pass the examination
- Competitive salary
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, PTO & Holidays)
- Education & Licensing Reimbursements
- Life/AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) with Company Contribution
- Medical, Dental & Vision
Metric Engineering, Inc. was founded in 1976 on the principle of providing personalized consulting engineering services. Today, we are among the top consulting engineering firms specializing in civil and transportation projects. Over the last four decades, Metric has successfully completed numerous large, complex transportation projects in the United States and abroad. Our multi-disciplinary workforce and strategically located regional offices enable us to provide both maximized local responsiveness and a diversified technical base. Our clients include local, county, state and foreign governments as well as private clients.