Metric is looking for a Structural (Bridge) Department Manager to join our Lake Mary office. This Leader will help to build and manage a thriving Structural Division. This position is responsible for developing and preparing roadway/bridge construction plans using computer aided drafting and design (CADD) as well as taking the lead and coordinating the necessary tasks required to complete multiple projects in conformity to scopes of work to include the adherence to budgets and schedules. They will also ensure that plan preparation follows the appropriate design criteria, procedures and guidelines.
What you should bring:
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering; MS in Structural Engineering is preferred.
- 15+ years of experience designing complex, major and minor structures, including prestressed beam bridges with pile supported substructure, Mechanically Stabilized Embankment (MSE) wall envelopes and overhead and cantilever sign structure designs
- Knowledge and experience leading a bridge/structures team
- Extensive knowledge of roadway design utilizing FDOT CADD standards, electronic delivery
- Familiarity with AASHTO LRFD Specifications, AASHTO Standard Specifications, and FDOT design criteria/specifications.
- Overall knowledge of project deliverables & management methodologies
What We Offer:
- Manage a growing group of structural design professionals, to include Project Engineers, EI's and designers.
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for new projects, weighing alternatives and selecting the most cost effective solution.
- Analyzes technical problems, assessing the feasibility of proposed techniques and procedures, and devising new approaches and alternative solutions.
- Coordinate with project team, contractors, vendors and other consultants to ensure compliance with engineering standards, codes, specifications and design requirements.
- Guides junior professionals and technical personnel on the design and drafting of preliminary and final plans.
- Provide coordination of project execution and control to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through final design on Bridge projects.
- Provide internal quality control for construction drawings, design calculations and specifications to ensure technical accuracy, conformance to project requirements, and overall constructability.
- Technical liaison with client for work within the discipline.
- Performs field observations of construction.
- Performs bridge inspection, as appropriate.
- Competitive salary
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, PTO & Holidays)
- Education & Licensing Reimbursements
- Life/AD&D, Short & Long Term Disability
- 401k with Company Contribution
- Medical, Dental & Vision
We’ve seen steady growth over the past few years and we have recently made the decision to strategically grow and re-locate our structures group to the Orlando region (formerly housed in Miami). With this growth comes an exciting backlog of work, including multiple design roles on the recent $800M Dolphin Expressway PPP project in Miami. Our structures group also supports the largest Traffic Operations & ITS group in the State as well as active Highway, PD&E and Drainage design groups, housed in multiple regional office locations.
One of the best assets of our Central Florida Regional office is excellent leadership as well as the opportunity to work side-by-side with multi-disciplinary staff that we believe are some of the best the industry has to offer. This office is our largest, recently relocated to a 26,000 square foot facility with a private gym, recreation/break room (TV's, pool table, foosball), outdoor basketball hoop, etc. We maintain a focus on our employees and an encouraging company culture focused on growth and excellence.