Metric Engineering's Lake Mary, Florida office is currently seeking a Traffic Engineer
with 7+ years of experience to accomplish a broad range of traffic engineering and transportation planning projects to include traffic operations analysis and simulation; traffic signal design and operations; signing and striping plan preparation; traffic studies, etc.. The position requires the ability to create clear, concise technical reports and high quality CADD drawings, primarily using MicroStation. Additional responsibilities may include performing field duties outside of the office in support of projects, including field verifications of existing and proposed traffic control device installations.
What you should bring:
- Design: plans and specifications for traffic signal systems, isolated traffic signals, intersection geometric improvements, and highway signing and marking projects.
- Traffic studies and analyses using VISSIM and Synchro
- Traffic signal retiming: experience in traffic signal retiming – developing, implementing, fine tuning and maintaining traffic signal timing plans for isolated and coordinated systems.
- Applying systems engineering process for the development and implementation of signal and other advanced traffic management systems (ATMS)
- Familiarity with traffic simulation/modeling and other analysis tools such as Synchro and SimTraffic to develop signal phasing, timing and operations plans
- Delivering quality, timely services and products to clients within budget
- Preparation of traffic engineering reports, conceptual design plans and maps/graphics
- Provide technical support and task management for multi-disciplined transportation projects, including coordination with roadway, structures, environmental, PD&E, etc.
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering required
· Professional Engineering (PE) license (Florida)
· Seven (7) or more years of progressively responsible traffic operations experience
· Experience with Microsoft Office
· Working knowledge of Traffic Engineering principals in HCM, MUTCD, HSM, ITE and AASHTO Manuals
· Familiar with FDOT Guidelines, Design Standards, and Manuals
· Experience with MicroStation
· Strong technical writing skills
What We Offer:
· Competitive Salary
· Paid Time Off (Vacation, PTO & Holidays)
· Education & Licensing Reimbursements
· Life/AD&D Coverage, Short & Long-Term Disability
· 401K with Company Contribution
· Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Metric Engineering, Inc. was founded in 1976 on the principle of providing personalized consulting engineering services. Today, we are among the top consulting engineering firms specializing in civil and transportation projects. Over the last four decades, Metric has successfully completed numerous large, complex transportation projects in the United States and abroad. Our multi-disciplinary workforce and strategically located regional offices enable us to provide both maximized local responsiveness and a diversified technical base. Our clients include local, county, state and foreign governments as well as private clients.